Packaging has been a highly active sector for mergers and acquisitions (M&A) over the past two or three years, with active involvement from both private equity (PE) and corporate buyers. But not surprisingly, the COVID-19 pandemic has led to an about-face. Nearly all deal processes have been paused or postponed indefinitely due to market uncertainty and a lack of financing. Only a small number of deals (e.g., tuck-ins, public company noncore assets) are continuing.
- Michael Palm, Senior Managing Director, Evercore
- Mike Denvir, Partner, The Jordan Company
- Suj Mehta, Senior Vice President, Tekni-Plex
- Eric Kanter, Partner, Morgan Stanley Capital Partners
- Colin Convey, Managing Director, Goldman Sachs
- Thilo Henkes, Managing Director, L.E.K. Consulting